- All the competitors will be able to participate in their category (according to their age) or in a superior category if they consider this convenient.
- For every round, in the different categories, the order of performance of pianists in all rounds will be determined by a drawing. Starting with the letter chosen from the draw and continuing henceforth in alphabetical order.
The resulting order can be only modified in case of except circumstances. The contestants must provide a justification and the organization will make a final decision considering the reasons.
Drawing will take place on October 23rd at 8:00 p.m. at Riojaforum Palacio de Congresos y Auditorio de La Rioja. All Rounds will be open to the public.
- The jury can stop the contestant’s performance; it does not mean any kind of evaluation.
- The jury is not obliged to give all the prizes. Their decisions are final.
- The awarded candidates will personally take their awards in the Closing Act that will take place on October 30th at 7:00 p.m. at the Riojaforum Palacio de Congresos y Auditorio de La Rioja. The First Prize of the all Categories will be indivisible while the 2nd, 3rd and Special Prizes can be divisible.
All grants and prizes shall be subject to withholding tax at the statutory rate.
- The First Prize of the all Categories will offer a concert in the exclusive space of the Ygay Castle of Bodegas Marqués de Murrieta on Thursday 31 at 1:00 p.m.
- The Competition will provide pianos for practising at contestant’s disposal in the “Conservatorio Profesional de Música de la Rioja”. Upon receiving the contestants, they will be given an authorization with specific rules, to be able to access the study rooms.
- Board & Lodging. The competition has managed special prices in different hotels in Logroño for the contestants and companions. Information will be sent to all registered contestants.
- All contestants under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult who will take care of the competitor during the whole contest. If the adult is not the contestant’s parent, a permission note will be asked from at least one of the parents upon registration. The Competition management will not be responsible for any contestant incidents during the competition.
- All travel costs, like tickets and visa costs must be carried by the participant. Visa requirements for Spain have to be requested at the respective embassy or consulate. The participants are responsible to request their own visa. An invitation letter can be requested from the organization by email.
- The Organizing Committee will select a maximum number of 80 pianists and will notice the pianist if he/she has been selected before September 26th. In the event that it is not accepted, the registration fee will be refunded.
Once the number of the 80 contestants has surpassed, the Organizing Committee will establish a waiting list in case of casualties and thus have the possibility of admitting any other pianist, until reaching the maximum number established.
- The Organizing Committee will solve every situation that’s not specified in these regulations. In case of divergence between the texts translated from Spanish to English, the official Spanish text will prevail.
- All contestants taking part on this competition already accept the Regulations.